Society, under, The Society Registration Act, 1860, has a simple explanation that Any seven or more persons associated for any literary, scientific, or charitable purpose, or for any such purpose as is described in section 20 of this Act, may, by subscribing their names to a memorandum of association, and filing the same with Registrar of Joint-stock Companies 2 [***] form themselves into a society under this Act. In simple words, a society is a association of individuals with a mutual interest to act, govern and deliberate for a communal purpose.
Societies are usually enrolled for the advancement of charitable activities such as education, art, music, culture, religion and so on. The Society Registration Act, 1860 has a mere purpose of giving a boost to literature, fine arts, science or distribution of awareness for bountiful purposes.
A Society has many different purposes to operate and some of many are as follow:
- Promotion of fine arts
- Diffusion of political education
- Grant of charitable assistance
- Promotion of science and literature
- Creation of military orphan funds
- Maintenance or foundation of galleries or public museum
- Maintenance or foundation of reading rooms or libraries
- Promotion or diffusion or instruction of useful knowledge
- Social Welfare
- Social Development
- Or other charity, welfare, or development objective.
Any individual who fulfills following eligibility criteria can register under The Society Registration Act, 1860.
- Minimum 7 members required ( Minimum 8 at National Level).
- A subscription to memorandum of association.
- Any Foreigner with verified documents is eligible.
- Any partnership firm and limited company is eligible.
- A Minor is NOT eligible.
- Other than this any individual who is competent to enter in any kind of a contract or legal agreements can be eligible.
Hey!! Hold on, here are some other service details from our menu. You can sneak into them; it might be helpful for you!
|Company Registration||MSME Registration|
|NGO Registration||GST Registration|
|Limited Liability Partnership Registration||One Person Company Registration|
- A PAN card of all the members associated with the society.
- A Resident Proof is mandatory.
- Bank Statement
- Aadhaar Card
- Utility Bill
- Driving License
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
- A Formal Letter with a clear view of purpose and objective for the formation.
- Address Proof of registered office.
- A complete List of members along with their signature.
- A Declaration mentioning and agreeing to hold the post assigned.
REGISTRATION PROCESS THROUGH SMARTBIZGURU:
Smartbizguru also helps in posting compliance of the Company like appointing a Auditor, Preparing Finance of the Company, Filing of GST Returns and Other Returns to Government Authority, Registrar of Company (ROC) Compliances, and Consultation on Digital Market solutions.
You’re just one step away from enjoying all of these services from the comfort of your home!
Ping us soon!