A trade license is a document/certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation of respective state government which provides the permission to the individual (person seeking to open a business) to start explicit/a specific/a selected trade or business in a very particular area/location. However, the license doesn’t permit the holder to the other trade or business than for it is issued. moreover, this license doesn’t die any reasonably property possession to the holder of the license.
- The applicant must be of age of 18 years or above
- The applicant must not have any criminal records
- The business proposal should be legally acceptable
There are mainly three broad categories of Trade License:
But what you’ll do beneath these classes, have you ever given a concept regarding it ?? Allow us to tell you what you’ll do beneath completely different classes of Trade License..
- Shop License
If you would like to open a store or an institution to sell product and services then you ought to choose shop license
- Industrial License
This type of license is needed for a corporation that wishes to open a small or mid-sized industrial unit.
- Food Establishment License
Any institution that plans on stepping into the food and beverage industry needs this license. The license applies to restaurants, cafes, meat shops, bakeries and vegetable outlets.
Good News for you guys! SmartBizGuru is an expert who won’t just guide you through the registration process but make it happen for you. Here are some other services from our menu.
|Company Registration||MSME Registration|
|NGO Registration||GST Registration|
|Limited Liability Partnership Registration||One Person Company Registration|
- Address Proof & Identity Proof of the Applicant
- Certificate of Incorporation, AOA and MOA of the company
- Cancelled Cheque and Bank Statement
- Income Tax return and Property Tax Receipt
- Documentary proof of establishment of trade
- Legal Occupancy document proof of the establishment or unit or allotment letter provided by the government agency
- Lease Deed/ Rent Agreement of the premises, if taken on lease or rent
- No Objection Certificate/ NOC from the land-owning agency
- Documentary proof for the non-existence of unauthorized construction
- PAN for the entity
Renewal of the Trade License:
The validity of a license issued by the municipal authority is for a period of one year and required to be renewed every year in between 1st January to 31st March.
Within 30 days from the date of expiry of the license, the application needs to be made for the renewal. In case of any delay in the renewal process of the license, then the respective authority might take an action against the person by imposing fine depending upon the rules and regulation.
Following are the documents that needs to be submitted for renewal of the license–
- Original copy of the trade License;
- Previous year challans;
- Up to date property tax paid receipt.
Some points on which you need to give some attention:
- As the issuance of license is a matter of Municipal Authorities of states, therefore the applicable rules and regulations varies from state to state, consequently the fee structure varies
- Without applying for a valid license if a person starts doing business, then the government would possibly take an action against the person by imposing fines and penalties as per the rules and regulations.
- The applicable rules and regulations needs to be complied with reasonable care otherwise the consequences of non-compliance would lead to the closure of business
How SmartbizGuru can help you ?
- We will draft the application and submit it along with the desired documents
- We will provide you the renewal services of the license and help you in getting the license renewed on time by avoiding any fine or penalty
- We monitor and track the application status
- We will help you to get the license and provide the same either by post or by hand
- We also offer post compliance services and assurance for providing guidance