Trade Union Registration
Before getting started deep into Trade Union. Allow us to give minor highlights on how and why Trade Union came into existence.
- Trade Union is the result of industrialization.
- Trade Union is based on the principle of ‘United we stand, divided we fall’.
- It is basically an organisation or a community of employees.
- Various uncertain Social and Economic circumstances forced the forming of Trade Union.
- Reasons that triggered the growth of Trade Union are number of strikes, the deteriorating economic conditions of workers, low wages which could not keep pace with soaring prices and the shortage of labour.
WHAT IS TRADE UNION?
As per The Indian Trade Unions Act, 1926, A Trade Union is:
“any combination, whether temporary or permanent, formed primarily for the purpose of regulating the relations between workmen and employers or between workmen and workmen, or between employers and employers, or for imposing restrictive conditions on the conduct of any trade or business, and includes any federation of two or more trade unions.”
There’s one more definition reflected by Dale Yoder
“A union is a continuing, long-term associations of employees formed and maintained for the specific purpose of advancing and protecting the interests of members in their working relationships.”
Number of Members
As per Section 4(1) of Trade Union Act, 1926 any seven or more persons who want to form a Trade Union can apply for its registration under this Act.
The explanation behind the fixation of at least Seven Members is to encourage the formation of more Trade Unions with the goal that the Trade Unions would develop. In this manner for the arrangement of Trade Union
ADVATAGES OF TRADE UNIONS
There are few main boons to enjoy as a trade union:
- Unions can bargain for higher wages and help them counter and balance monopsony to overcome unfair wages.
- Trade Union can allow making productivity deals by including new working patterns to increase productivity.
- Trade Union has liberty to represent workers at employment tribunals.
- It can help build strong relationship between workmen and management which help in building effective communication.
- Higher the wage, more the workmen stays motivated which eventually boost productivity.
- It reduces inequality by being fair with divisions of wages, work and other necessary functions.
Hey!! Keep a view, here are some other service details from our menu. You can sneak into them; it might be helpful for you!
|Company Registration||MSME Registration|
|NGO Registration||GST Registration|
|Limited Liability Partnership Registration||One Person Company Registration|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- The names, occupations and addresses of the members making the application
- The name of the trade union and the address of its head office, and
- The titles, names, ages, addresses and occupations of the office- bearers of the trade union.
- Copy of Deed
- Copy of Aadhaar card, passport, Voter ID, driving license or any such photo ID.
- PAN card
- Proof of the registered office address of the Trust (electricity/water bill or registration certificate)
- No Objection letter signed by the landowner
Note: If a trade union has been into existence for more than a year, then a copy of the assets and liabilities shall also be submitted along with the application for registration.
Smartbizguru also helps in posting compliance of the Company like appointing a Auditor, Preparing Finance of the Company, Filing of GST Returns and Other Returns to Government Authority, Registrar of Company (ROC) Compliances, and Consultation on Digital Market solutions.
You’re just one step away from enjoying all of these services from the comfort of your home!
Ping us soon!